Lady Writting a Letter with her Maid is a painting by the Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer, completed between 1670-1671 and held in the National Gallery of Irland. The work shows a middle-class woman attended by a maid who is presumably acting as messenger and go-between for the lady and her lover. The work is seen as a bridge between the quiet restraint and self-containment of Vermeer's work of the 1660s and his relatively cooler work of the 1670s.
KEYWORDS FROM THE PAINTING: Freedom, Interaction, Social Hierachy
Reasons for choosing the site in HAWAII
1. SUNNY environment represents kind of sense of freedom, associating with the view of OCEAN.
2. MIXED CLIMATE provides varise possiblities in terms of forming the space.
3. Based on personal experience, beach environment makes me feel to go.
1. Create the opening all around the space to portray a sense of "FREE TO GO AND GEI IN".
2. Dividing the circle shape into 4 parts to present different functions based on different climate characters on each direction.
3. Put glasses on the centre of the space together with the gutter on the floor to create a water-environment especially during raining. However, glasses will highly reflect the natural light during the day when its not raining to bright the interior space.
1. Put a small beam under the roof to create a small gap to gain the vantilation through the building especailly on the upper level which there is not many opening on that.
2. Make it as a circle shape, aiming to naturally form a central wind floating system to cool the space due to the highly humid place comditions.